Expert Forum (EFOR) is pleased to invite you to an international debate about the effects of COVID-19 pandemic on the election monitoring activity. The purpose of the event is to exchange experience and good practice on how to organize the election observation and to better understand how some of the countries that already organized elections coped with the situation. EFOR invited civil society organizations, electoral experts, international organizations and platforms and other stakeholders.
The event will take place on July 20, starting with 3 PM (EET/Bucharest time). The discussion will be organized online, in English and broadcast live on our Facebook page.
The debate will include short presentations from CSOs from countries where elections have been / will be organized in 2020 or that have monitored the situation regarding the impact of COVID on electoral processes. So far, speakers from the following organizations are confirmed:
- Fernanda Buril – Senior research officer, Center for Applied Research and Learning, International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES)
- Michael Lidauer – Election observer, Wahlbeobachtung.org (Election-Watch.EU) (Austria)
- Vujo Ilić – Policy and Research Advisor, Centar za istraživanje, transparentnost i odgovornost / Center for Research, Transparency and Accountability (CRTA) (Serbia)
- Zofia Lutkiewicz – Vice President, Fundacja Odpowiedzialna Polityka / Political Accountability Foundation (Poland)
- Zlatko Dimitrioski, Analyst, Citizens Association MOST (North Macedonia)
Expert Forum (EFOR) is a Bucharest based think tank, one of the leading organizations in election observation in Romania, with extensive regional experience, member of the FiecareVot coalition. More information about our activity can be read on www.expertforum.ro/en.
Septimius Parvu, Electoral expert
Expert Forum / [email protected]