EFOR invites you to the release of the 2021 Annual policy report
The Fog of Governance
How Romania fails in using big data for modern policy processes
– Case studies –
Tuesday, March 2, between 1 and 3.30 PM
Online event, with the participation of:
- 13.00 – 13.03 – Sorin Ioniță – Moderator’s welcome
- 13.03 – 13.10 – Radu Puchiu – co-founder of H.appy Cities – the importance of open data for evaluating the impact of public policies
- 13.10 – 13.20 – Serv Wiemers – Executive Director, Open State Foundation (Netherlands) – digital transparency of government information – as a tool for increasing accountability and trust in democracy
- 13.20 – 13.35 – Laura Ștefan and Cezara Grama (EFOR) – case study on sanctions
- 13.35 – 13.50 – Septimius Pârvu (EFOR)- case study on political financing
- 13.50 – 14.05 – Dragos Tudorache – Member of the European Parliament (Renew), Chair of the Special Committee on Artificial Intelligence in a Digital Age- overall strategy on open data and digitalization at EU level and how it impacts on Romania
- 14.05 – 15.30 – discussions and Q&A
The report covers the sanctioning public policies implemented by Romania during the state of emergency and the data generated around this topic, as well as the transparency of political funding and the data published by electoral authorities and political parties; EFOR will also release a new version of the www.banipartide.ro platform. The debate will be moderated by Sorin Ioniţă (EFOR).
The conference will be organized on Zoom, bilingual Romanian / English and will be re-broadcast live on the EFOR Facebook page and on privesc.eu.
Event organized within a project funded by the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL), implemented by Expert Forum in partnership with CEELI Institute and the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES).